Input needed!

Post here if no section exists for what you want to discuss

Input needed!

Post by ohyeahyeah » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:01 am

Hey guys, I currently play on a shitty laptop issued by my college, obviously not ideal. I really want to upgrade, and I will be able to do soon, but I'm not sure what I want. At first, I wanted to get a tower, but I think because of my lifestyle a laptop is going to be the best choice for me. I'm gonna put my budget to 500-900 dollars. All I really want it to do is to play games like csgo at maximum potential. I plan on getting a 144hz monitor to go with it. Thanks.
ohyeahyeah

Re: Input needed!

Post by Waxxy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:50 am

ohyeahyeah wrote:I think because of my lifestyle a laptop is going to be the best choice for me. I'm gonna put my budget to 500-900 dollars. All I really want it to do is to play games like csgo at maximum potential.

Good luck with that. With $900 you can get a decent quad-core HP with 1GB graphics on sale (which can't play any high end games at all unless on epic-low settings) or you can dig around for an old, but still usuable, second hand MSI/Clevo/Gigabyte/etc gaming laptop for the same price. The only problem with second hand laptops is a lot of people don't take care of laptops very well and decide to ditch it when it's just about hit the dust physically.

My opinion? If you want a laptop, look around for a second hand MSI GP60/GX60 in good condition. They are great laptops that can play a lot of new games on at least medium-high settings. You should be able to pick one up for under $1000.

P.S. Don't go near Alienware. Over-hyped shit is, well, shit.
Waxxy

Re: Input needed!

Post by kildencolth14 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:24 am

You can build a really good gaming pc with $900 better than the one i have which i bought prebuilt for $1200. Id check out this guy's channel https://youtube.com/user/duncan33303
kildencolth14

Return to Off Topic